Thursday 2 August 2012

Squiggles on paper.


Daddy why are you always writing
and why can’t you draw like Mummy?
Mummy can draw beautiful things
and she lets us draw all over the paper you bring home from work.

But Daddy why do you just write all those
squiggly lines that don’t mean a picture?
And why can’t I write my drawings on your page
without you telling me I am a naughty boy?

I think that you should draw like Mummy
and paint big pictures to put on our walls.
Why Daddy do you always squiggle in your book
and then put it away when you are finished?

Are you not happy with what you have drawn?
I think that you are not happy with it because
you can not understand those squiggles.
What do those ones mean?

He is learning to read all the major words
and wants to spell everything.
I tell him that when he can read, a whole new world
will open up and exciting adventures can take form in his head.

But who will write these fantastic adventures
if heads are not full with stories to relate?
So I will stay here until something springs forth to start
a creation that will set minds ablaze with imagination.

And I am still here……….waiting……..

No comments:

Post a Comment