Tuesday 23 April 2013

A Boy With A Dozen Red Roses

Their scent filled my breath with wonder,
the day I held a dozen red roses in my hands.

My eyes closed, lips smiled as I held them high to my face.
Nothing has ever been more fragrant, since I breathed in their beauty.
A boy with a dozen red roses in his hands.

I have seen beauty to make a man stop
and ponder the artful ways of nature.
Watched whales breach, the mother play with her cub
and listened to their song.
Smelled the alluring curve of a woman's slender neck
and felt aroused by the taste of her.

But nothing has seemed so wonderful as that day
I held a dozen red roses in my hands.

Their bloom is so full and wholesome, their petals delicate yet strong.
like a full bodied Spanish dancer, her skirts flowing in layers,
her beauty beguiling all who watch her body move.

But to a boy, the rose is a mother's beauty,
a fragrance that is comfort and joy.
It is nature's bounty, and abundance
that only seems natural to one so young.

That boy with a dozen red roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment