Tuesday 23 April 2013

Cravings

I am possessed by a savoury craving
dominating my every thought, telling
me to have something salty, or,
is it spicy – no it’s salty.

My concentration has gone from this conversation
as she talks comfortably about the day.
My eyes must look like they are walking into
the back of my head searching the pantry
for liberation from this yearning,
but when did I last look in the pantry
and are my eyes vacant?

Yesterday was my last foray for food
and since then more has been added.
Marvellous treats must await me in…......

her narrative has stopped,
her look tells me to be aware,
as I panic for a reply.

Eureka!” is my response as I dive into our
larder to forage for an Oxo cube.
Boiling water in my favourite mug,
a cube now dissolving, I sit down in contentment
puzzled at her furrowed brow.

No comments:

Post a Comment